24 December, 2010

Why I like Ebbie

Guest post written by my buddy Aldo Mays

The film "Ebbie" is an updated version of the Charles Dickens' film "A Christmas Carol". My family and I all gather round when it comes on and watch it together. We pop some popcorn, light a fire, turn on the satellite television from
bestchoicetv.com to watch "Ebbie" and enjoy.

The film centers around a business women named Elizabeth "Ebbie"
Scrooge. She is taught a lesson by three ghosts of the Christmas season. "Ebbie" is not as scary as "A Christmas Carol" according to my children. It is much easier to watch this film with my children because of this. It still teaches the same morals and principles that "A Christmas Story" does; however, it does it with an updated feel.

I know it is Christmas time when I see "Ebbie" come on. I start to see the commercials for it starting the week after Thanksgiving. I started watching this film when it was released in 1995. I just hope that I have passed the tradition on to my children. It is a timeless movie that thrills me no matter how many times I have watched it.

No comments: