27 January, 2008

Your Self-Defense


Here is one of the True Stories I found, you have to read it, it's pretty amazing.

Carlin Ellyson, Titusville, Florida:
I am 60 years old and decided to see what all the hype was about. With the Close Combat Training program, I have seen things that jog my memory, like how to escape from a "choke hold." A noticeable difference from my Judo classes as a teen was that the teacher did not teach me how to "really fight," because everything was geared toward competition. CCT teaches you how to "stop and eliminate the threat" quickly! My learning is going at a reasonable pace; however, I learn and master each part one at a time.
Some of the most significant information I have seen is the 8 points of attack. This was totally new information and a new concept of thinking about how to react to the opponent's attacks. Another thing that I like is that Captain Chris gives not only the move, but also the accompanying counter move. He explains the geometry of the move and counter move. Something I have discovered in a fight is that you cannot dwell on a plan, but "think creatively on the fly."


I have gained more confidence on what to do if multiple people attack you. While you would think that a 60 year old would be done with fighting, you would be mistaken. There is always some one who wants to "screw with the old man." I do not like to fight, so when this happens, I need to be able to react and show this young man the error of his ways. Learning how to extricate myself from a variety of "holds" and then how to dish out "a sound thrashing" is very important to me. CCT does this with no apologies.


I've always wanted to do Martial Arts since I was a kid. I heard about Close Combat Training from a co-worker. She was telling us that she have discovered the The Truth About Martial Arts. My uncle used to tell me that Martial Arts is the World Leader In Self Defense that's why I'm thinking to do Close Combat as well.

Captain Chris' Close Combat helped a lot of individuals - just like Carlyn Ellyson - maybe I should try it myelf.


No comments: