02 December, 2010

James Garner is My Favorite TV Actor

Guest post from: Jerald Hammond

James Garner has been my favorite television and movie actor for years. I first saw him in his western TV series "Maverick", and he became an instant favorite. When I was a kid, I wished I had a hat like his from the series, and I even practiced that charming grin in the mirror after the show. Then came "The Rockford Files", and I'll tell you the man didn't lose any of his acting ability. He played a private detective with that same level of charm as he played the gambler in "Maverick".

Of course today I like the fact that I can watch him on Direct TV Specials because the images are so much clearer than they ever were when I watched with an antennae. The picture and sound are better, and it's almost like watching each series new. James Garner did more than television, of course. He played private eye Philip Marlowe in the film "Marlowe" and he even acted with Doris Day in some romantic comedies back in the sixties. And who could forget his tough guy role in "Victor/Victoria?" He's one of those actors that could always find work if he wanted it, and he hope he keeps on wanting to work for years to come.

No comments: