04 December, 2010

Aruba Beach Wedding

Thanks to Austin Camacho

I just got back from my sister's wedding at a beautiful resort on the island of Aruba. The resort wasn't your typical high-rise that towers over a crowded beach. Instead it was a low-rise building nestled in lush gardens, and it had everything a bride could want for her dream wedding. White sand on the beach, turquoise water, and deep green palm trees were just the beginning of the delights that awaited us.

Once all the guests arrived, we enjoyed a buffet supper and then went for an evening sailboat tour of the island. I'll never forget the fresh scents of the water and that breeze in my hair. After we freshened up, we met everyone at one of the clubs to enjoy some dancing and live music. My sister and I shared a luxurious air conditioned room that night. Then, the next morning, she and I dressed like we always dreamed we would for her big day: like two fairy princesses. Then we headed for the beach and the most romantic wedding ceremony I've ever witnessed. I was sure to set the security alarm from http://www.besthomesecurity.com/ Afterward, we had a fantastic wedding brunch right there on the beach, and then everyone headed off to play in the water. We skied and snorkeled and sailed some more before we left this island paradise and headed for home with many wonderful memories.

1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

Aruba Beach Weddings are great. I have been to a destination ceremony there and enjoyed it completely. I too had a seaside evening wedding ceremony at one of best Seattle venues. My cousin helped me with planning and enjoyed my DIY wedding thoroughly.