27 November, 2010

Heading To Chicago For Thanksgiving

Guest post written by my buddy Thelma Roy

This Thanksgiving, our family will be driving to Chicago, Illinois to visit my sister and her family. I love Chicago during the holiday months because there is always so much to see and do, even though the weather is brisk and windy. Although my sister and her family do not live in the city of Chicago, they do live in a nearby suburb. We really can't wait to take a walk down the famed Michigan Avenue, which is otherwise known as the Magnificent Mile. At this time of year, they are gearing up for the Christmas season, and the store windows are decorated elegantly and beautifully. In addition to all the site seeing that we will do, I can't wait to sit down with my family for the traditional Thanksgiving dinner of turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, string bean casserole and cranberries. Also, my sister plans on making lasagna and a small ham. Of course after dinner and clean-up, there is nothing more to do except take a nice rest, while watching the holiday shows. Of course we will miss home, but there is nothing better than visiting family during the holiday season. Since I try to always be aware of safety, I will make sure to set my home security alarm (click here) before I go to visit my family on Thanksgiving, in Chicago.

No comments: