18 June, 2006

Team or Beam

Team – what does it mean to you? At work, we only have 2 trouble shooters and that would be me and Steve. We suppose to work together as a team to obtain and maintain our goals. But it seems like he’s competing with me. He was with the company for almost 2 years already and because of that he thinks that he is my superior. Every time that our boss is not around, he would always act like he is the officer in charge. Between November 05 and February 06, I’ve been having a hard time trying to figure out myself how to be proactive and effective at work. He helped me a lot of times because he knows the procedures better than I do. But time has come where I can work on my own shit without consulting anybody. If I had to ask I would go straight to our boss; and to me that’s the smartest thing to do because “boss” knows everything in our department. And, there were a lot of incidents that Steve put me in trouble because he loves to assume.

It has been almost a month that I’ve been up-to-date and have no pending job. All my products were released and in good terms with my buyers in Ohio. Steve is aware of that and he is not happy about it. I mean, he gave me compliments but you can tell how resentful he is. Last week, he printed my report to see how much loads I have to work on, he found out that I only have 1 page to work on and he’s got 9 pages. And why in the hell would he print my report? Then, every morning, he would ask me… “How many packets you’ve got?” then he’ll get pissed because I have few. So I kept telling him “well, don’t blame me… ask the receiving department why they have those errors on yours”. It doesn’t make sense to me sometimes when I hear him grapping because his job is to fix errors created by the receivers so we can release the products. To me, the more errors the more things to do… the more money we’ll get…. “Job Security” correct?

There’s one time, he was absent on a Friday, I printed all his product reports and have them all checked. The following Monday, he questioned me; he said that he assumed that “me” and “our Boss” will work on his things. He said that with an attitude… I wanted to slap him and I thought “damn you… who do you think you are? You never worked on my papers when I was absent”. Take note… he’ll be grapping and complaining about his over-loads but he always miss days… always absent and late… and there will always be an excuse, ha-ha.

He’s a smart ass and cocky, everybody said that at work. He thinks he’s good looking and smart… **eewww**. Let me tell you… he’s the nastiest person I’ve ever met here in the U.S. He smells so bad, I think he don’t take a shower before he goes to work… I mean... it’s really that bad. You’ll hear him talking-and-talking-and-talking… gosh… it’s so annoying to hear about the good things… “Let’s hear the bad things Steve ha-ha”

I don’t know how I’ll survive. I tried ignoring him but when he says something about my work… it irritates me. I do my job, I work hard and meet accuracy so why can’t you just leave me alone and do your job! I want to tell him that but I don’t want to be rude.

Let’s see what will happen this week.

No comments: