06 January, 2011

My Favorite New Year's Eve Program

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott

Every year my family and I gather together on New Year's Eve and have a quiet evening at home waiting to ring in the New Year. We have a nice family dinner, then desserts and then it's time to put on the television and watch Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve. This show has been on the air ever since I can remember. Dick Clark always puts on great show with many different entertainers. He has a lot of musical numbers that are played and it is just a tradition with our family to watch this each year.

Dick Clark does not actually host the show any longer but, he is there anyway. He counts down the minutes until the New Year and builds the excitement along the way. My family and I always watch this show on our satellite television from http://www.cannonsatellite.com/ since it gives us the best reception for it. We never lose the signal and even if the weather is bad on New Year's, we always get this show. Over the years, Dick Clark has been known to kick start the careers of many new singers and often these now famous people will appear on his show on New Year's Eve.

Many stars like Barry Manilow have appeared on this show over the years. Barry Manilow actually wrote the theme song for Dick Clark's bandstand show years ago, I believe.

No comments: