19 November, 2010

Met My Best Friend at a Sidewalk Coffee House in L.A.

Content by Sol Rosales

I have been making good money on eBay auctions for years and found the best stress reliever when working is to pick up my laptop and get out of the house. The local coffee cafe in Sherman Oaks is my target destination for some fresh air, urban sounds and a connection with the outside world. Everyday I set my
ADT Home alarm and head out to greener pastures on Ventura Boulevard.

One day I was sitting at the outside tables and a bunch of guys piled in to the back sidewalk seating area. I was alone and noticed a nice gal sitting right in front of the group of rowdy guys, who were growing in numbers to about ten. Samantha was on her own, as I was, and she was also working online. I motioned for her to come to my quiet table at the other end of the cafe seating, and we worked independently for a while on our
projects. Then I shared with her my eBay endeavors and we really hit it off and became fast friends. Samantha and I can talk about anything and she is a real soul mate for a lifelong friend. You never know when a special person is just around the corner, so my best advice is to keep your senses aware and give people a chance.

No comments: