08 April, 2008

A Couple of News

We got busy over the weekend. Shaun's sister was in town Friday night and we took her out to eat at Salita's, our German friend dropped by for a beer also. Then we went to her place afterwards, played Wii and drink of course. Following day we ran home to work on our yard, it was tiring. I never thought that landscaping is a pain in the butt, lol, but it was fun. Then Saturday evening, we went to our new Filipino friends in Durant (Lhen, Jo, Rosalie and Sydney). They've been here for at least a year already. Shaun was happy to meet them, new friends, new people... at last! They're all nice and grabeh - they cook so good. Shaun loved the food. It was really fun and we promised them a steak cook out next time, its Shaun's turn to cook - I'll be the helper, hehe. We left their apartment around 2 a.m... yeah that late. I'm glad that Shaun enjoyed his time with them, its like they know each other already. We can't wait to hang out with them next time.

Not only that we have new friends in town, I have a new Aunt, she's a Filipina who is married to Shaun's uncle... am so happy. She's nice, very loving, real person (I can tell) and pretty just like "pamangkin" hehe. I can't wait to see her in person... soon - very soon Tita.

Taxes - I've been bitchin' about taxes few weeks back and I finally decided not to bitch anymore, LOL. Thank God there are auditors! we recently found out that there were entry errors on Shaun's payroll, so they filed a correction. In short - we don't have to pay too much and we get refund from Federal... damn State!

Anyway, I guess that's all for now. I took a 2 day off from work - wohoo!

No comments: