29 April, 2007

German Fest 2007

We went to Muenster Texas yesterday (28th) to attend German Fest and we were accompanied by our real German friends. Inspite of the long 2 hour drive, the trip was full of excitement. This is actually our first travel with foreigners. Different culture, different traits, different experience but these freinds are no different from us. They are fun and silly too (he-he).
On Friday afternoon Shaun bought a new JVC Hand-Cam (Hard Drive) to take with us, so that means you'll see videos of me... dancing... Chicken Dance. I feel so embarassed while we were watching it this afternoon. All I can say is "German Beer Kick-@&&" yes, I do still drink "occasionally" but not as "occasionally like daily" ha-ha.
Anyways, the festival was fun. Lots of people of course. We didn't get to see the sausage eating contest, the bicyle race and the maratton. But the food, drinks and dancing was awesome. We liked the German Dance presentation and the beer belly competition (very funny). I will upload the photos and video as soon as I get a chance. I'm stll tired from busy weekend we had.
As I mentioned beer earlier, we know that during October Fest almost all cities are partying and people are expecting for beer... lots of lots of beers, right? But do you know the real meaning of October Fest and exactly where it was originated? anybody? I guess some of you know or maybe I was just one of those ignorant (he-he). One of our German friend told me that it was originated in Germany and October Fest is no different from our Thanksgiving. It is when they feast to give thanks for all the blessing; the food, the drink the crops... everything that helps them live. It's not because they want to drink and get drunk like most of us. So now we know the meaning of OctoBeer... oh I mean October Fest... he-he. Very educational huh. And besides beer, she also told me about the culture in Germany... they also have invited us to visit next year, Shaun said YES... wohoo!!!
So, I guess I'll live it up to here for now. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: